Google is so much more than a search engine. It’s a reference book, calculator, even a weather forecaster. Using these tricks, you can find helpful information quickly, plus get to the right links faster.
- Feel lucky Access the page that Google thinks is the most relevant for your search with the “I’m Feeling Lucky” feature. Chances are, you’ll find a great resource without having to look any further.
- Find public data Google offers stores of public data, right in search results. For population and employment rates, just search for “population” or “unemployment rate” plus the state or county.
- Find your web history Find websites you’ve visited and even search your own online history with Google’s Web History.
- Search within a site Found a site that’s full of great stuff? Narrow down your results within the site by searching for (search query) site (domain).
- Search for exact phrases Put quotation marks around “any word” to find an exact phrase more efficiently.